Residential Program Coordinator
- CHAI Services - Residential Programs
- Brighton, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Females Strongly Encouraged to Apply!
JF&CS is seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate individual to work with adults with developmental disabilities and mental health needs in a community residential setting. The ideal candidate will partner with participants to set goals and develop strategies to meet those goals. Program Coordinators plan and facilitate weekend and other recreational activities, ensuring that participants maximize their community involvement. The Program Coordinator is an integral part of the residential team, with the opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of the people we serve.
This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position, including weekend hours. Our headquarters is in Waltham, and our programs are located in Brighton.
Essential Job Functions:
- Case management responsibilities including writing daily service logs, daily goal tracking, weekly participant updates, monthly progress notes, ISP assessments, incident reporting, and ensuring participants' files and records are updated, accurate and comply with all DDS and JF&CS regulations.
- Attend required staff meetings, supervisions and professional development.
- Transporting participants in company vehicles (up to 15 passenger vans) and your own vehicle is required.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or High School Diploma or Equivalency with at least one year working with people with disabilities, preferably in a residential setting.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- CPR and First Aid certifications (or ability to pass within the first 30 days of employment)
- MAP certification (or the ability to pass within the first 6 months of employment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- May include lifting and supporting up to 50 lbs
- May be required to bend, stoop, and kneel
- May be required to lift participants in and out of wheelchairs, beds, bathtubs, and vehicles.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Intermediate Skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.