- CHAI Services - Residential Programs
- Brighton, MA, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS is looking for Residential Specialists who have experience in the field of human services. Residential Specialists provide assistance and support to clients at home and in the community. Successful candidates must have strong time management skills, be flexible and creative, and must be willing to support clients in a wide range of tasks and activities. Experience with physical transfers is a must.
Full-time and Part-time schedules available, all including weekend hours. Our headquarters is in Waltham, and our programs are located in Brighton, Newton and Needham.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support clients to complete their activities of daily living
- Work directly with individual to develop and achieve meaningful life goals
- Document information and assist in tracking data with logs and reports
- Maintain professional communication with other program staff
- Provide support and direct care to clients, and help to maintain a safe and clean living/working environment
- Transporting clients to activities and appointments
- High school diploma or equivalency and experience working with individuals with disabilities, preferably in a residential setting
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- First Aid/CPR/MAP certifications preferred, ability to pass First Aid/CPR/MAP required
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Experience with physical transfers
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.