Disabilities Day Program Coordinator
- CHAI Services - Day and Employment Programming
- Canton, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Males Strongly Encouraged to Apply!
The CHAI Works Day Program Coordinators work with individuals with mild to moderate developmental disabilities and psychiatric needs, and assists program participants to lead meaningful and integrated lives in their communities through employment, volunteering, and enrichment activities. At CHAI Works, most of our programming takes place in the community and we maintain strong relationships with organizations in need of our volunteer support. We weave positive socialization interactions and opportunities with peers, staff, and the community into everything we do. Our successes are dependent on having all activities based in an inclusive setting, providing enrichment programming that matches our participants' choices and interests, and meeting participants' individualized goals.
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday, based out of our Canton office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure safety and provide comprehensive day programming to all participants in a 1:6 staff to client ratio.
- Assist participants to participate in community-based volunteer and recreational activities.
- Facilitate life-long learning, hobby, recreational, and/or communication skills groups for participants.
- Act as a role model to participants by displaying proper dress, language and character skills for community/work settings.
- Work with participants on new skills/tasks, behavior management, personal development, social skills, and communication.
- Provide case management to a case load of about 6 participants with activities including: effective communication with collateral contacts, maintaining up-to-date client files and progress notes, assessments, creating/implementing goals, attending meetings, and assisting with job development, placement, and coaching.
- Transport clients in own vehicle, on occasion, is a requirement.
- Bachelor's degree in related field with experience working with individual with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Strong candidates are enthusiastic, motivated, and self-starters with strong interpersonal/communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to pass First Aid/CPR/MAP trainings
- Must have safe and reliable vehicle to transport participants, on occasion
- Must have a valid driver's license and proof of car insurance.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Intermediate Skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.