Café Hakalah Coordinator
- Older Adults Division - Schechter Holocaust Services
- Worcester, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Schechter Holocaust Services (SHS) program supports survivors' ability to live at home and connect with the community. These activities currently take place in the Greater Boston and North Shore areas. In addition to providing comprehensive social service assistance to survivors and their families, SHS holds monthly social gatherings – Café Hakalah - in Brookline and Marblehead.
This part-time position is responsible for organizing and facilitating all aspects of a new monthly social and cultural Café Hakalah for Holocaust survivors in Central MA. This will include: outreach, recruitment, program design, and tracking of attendance. This person will need to identify the survivors in this area using media, community outreach and other sources to make connections. The Coordinator will also recruit volunteers to assist with outreach and to help at the programs. Depending on the candidate, the program coordinator will help with intake for those survivors who may need additional services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish rapport with Holocaust survivors from diverse backgrounds/experiences.
- Outreach to identify Holocaust survivors who can participate in Café Hakalah events.
- Develop list of contacts to include social workers and others who may be involved with Holocaust Survivors.
- Plan and coordinate Café Hakalah events including finding guest artists.
- Coordinate transportation for participants as needed.
- Coordinate volunteers.
- Track participants; update and maintain participant list.
- Attend monthly SHS staff meetings in Waltham.
- Possible case management services.
- Experience in organizing and implementing events
- Outreach experience
- Russian language skills a plus
- Experience working with older adults preferred
- Interest in the Holocaust
- Well-organized with good time management skills
- Car and safe driving record
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
Position will begin October 1, 2018
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media