Marketing Communications Associate
- Institutional Advancement - Marketing Communications
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
$30 million human service agency serving communities in Eastern and Central MA seeks a creative, high energy, flexible team player to assist the Marketing & Communications team in our Institutional Advancement department. The Marketing Communications Associate is responsible for the development of digital marketing strategy and distribution of content across all JF&CS digital channels, including our websites, email marketing, and social media. The associate is a story teller, responsible for the development and delivery of content that draws people in. It's a hands-on role developing compelling content that educates, drives engagement, and provokes a response. Ideal candidate has experience writing for a variety of audiences and purposes.
The associate supports editorial and design content creation and also monitors content, measures analytics, and creates reports based on the available data. This position requires close collaboration with the Marketing team and colleagues throughout Institutional Advancement to leverage content that will raise the visibility of JF&CS with key audiences, specifically donors and volunteers. We are constantly reflecting on our strategy and developing innovative approaches to our work so it is imperative that the Marketing Communications Associate be adaptable and flexible, as our goals and strategies will evolve over time.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain blog on jfcsboston.org – brainstorm/solicit/write engaging blog posts, manage the blog calendar, consider strategies to broaden reach of posts, monitor analytics
- Expand innovative, impactful digital marketing and social media presence of JF&CS by developing strategies that raise awareness of the agency; leverage content created by Marketing and maximize the reach of the agency's platforms with key audiences; develop social media campaigns focused on event promotion, gaining new followers, and raising awareness of agency
- Coordinate all aspects of agency email marketing – maintain the email calendar and contacts; work with events staff on content creation; drive deadlines and make sure edits/approvals are received from necessary staff; monitor email analytics
- Draft collateral for special events including invitation/save the date copy, sponsorship letters, program book copy, blogs, and social media posts
- Write blog posts, newsletter articles, and press releases to tell the stories of our work and the impact of donor/volunteer engagement
- Oversee external websites: jfcsboston.org, yourelderexperts.com, adoptionresources.org, and disabilitylifespansolutions.com; maintain and update jfcsboston.org; conduct regular website sweeps to find/fix old content or broken links
- Maintain and update homepage and Marketing and Communications page of Intranet
- Identify, recommend, and implement emerging methods of digital advertising and customer communications
- Track and monitor JF&CS media coverage; post to JF&CS news room
- Proactively search for new ways to disseminate JF&CS content in the digital space
- Project management
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, digital marketing, PR, or other closely related field or comparable work experience
- 5-7 years in a marketing position with proven success in designing and executing effective digital marketing campaigns
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to think across multiple channels in an integrated and creative manner, and proactively develops the digital portion of marketing and communications campaigns
- Experience creating various types of content – posts, emails, newsletters, website, landing pages, calls-to-action, etc.
- Strong writing and editing skills; appreciates the power of good storytelling and visuals with an eye toward design
- Proven organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and expertise in managing and prioritizing many simultaneous projects
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and multitask effectively in a fast-paced department, managing multiple projects simultaneously to a high standard
- Tenacity in learning new skills, identifying solutions, and resolving issues
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)