- CHAI Services - Day and Employment Programming
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meaningful Days Employment Services is looking for an outgoing professional to add to our team. The Employment Specialist works with individuals with mild to moderate developmental disabilities and psychiatric needs helping them explore the world of community employment. This position allows staff to make an impact on individuals' quality of life, self-worth, and independence. The JF&CS Employment team is also on the front lines of educating the community and increasing civil engagement. This staff works with clients individually and in groups to help explore their vocational and volunteer interests and help them find and maintain independent job and volunteer opportunities in the community.
This position is 40 hours per week and may include some nights and weekend hours. Our headquarters is in Waltham, although the position requires frequent/daily travel throughout the Greater Boston Metro area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with all parts of Job Development for assigned client caseload including:
- Vocational Counseling, Assessment, and Training
- Individual Employment Plans
- Resume and Cover Letter Development
- Interview Preparation
- Creating working relationships in the business community
- General and individualized job searching (with and without the client)
- Job Carving
- Job Placement
- Job Coaching
- Employer/Employee Relations
- Ongoing Follow Up with Individuals and Employers
- Work with individuals on behavior management, personal development, social skills, and communication.
- Connecting clients to community resources to create meaningful structure into their lives.
- Communicate effectively with program staff and individuals associated with consumer services, in a collaborative team effort.
- Transport individuals during program hours, with personal vehicle, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, Teaching, Business or related field.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities (in a vocational or community integrated settings preferred).
- Experience in business/marketing/sales/working with employers preferred.
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to problem solve in innovative ways.
- Ability to manage a flexible schedule independently and self-regulate schedule so that all hours of service are delivered, and tasks completed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to pass First Aid/CPR.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point).
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media