Support Care Staff
- CHAI Services - Swim & Sing
- Newton, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Males Strongly Encouraged to Apply!
The Newton Sunday Swim & Sing Support Care Staff is a member of a team of Care Staff directly work with individuals (ages 3-18) with neurological disorders, and their families, during a Sunday Swim & Sing Program at the Newton Jewish Community Center. The program takes place on 20 Sundays from 2pm-5pm, and the activities offered to participants are music and swimming. Care Staff support and assist participants during music therapy through positive reinforcement, encouragement and modeling. During the free swim time, Care Staff work with individuals and their families in the pool spending time with individuals with disabilities and their siblings/parents, and offering extra support before and after the swim.
This position is 20 Sundays/year (schedule to be provided to candidates during initial phone interview.) The Support Care Staff position is a half day position, with an opportunity for more hours working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders in the morning, 10am-2pm. The salary is $18/hour.
- High school degree required. Experience working or volunteering with individuals with disabilities is preferred, but applicants wanting to gain experience in the disability field are welcome to apply.
- Ability to Pass First Aid/CPR within the first 6 months of employment
- Strong Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Friendly, Outgoing, Personable, Caring, Reliable
- May be required to bend, stoop, kneel, and assist clients in and out of wheelchairs
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media