Respite and Recreation Support Staff
- CHAI Services - Swim & Sing
- Newton, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Males Strongly Encouraged to Apply!
The Respite and Recreation Support Staff work directly with individuals with disabilities providing respite for their families in 2 programs: Kids Connection Corner, a therapeutic respite and recreation program for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder ages 7- 14; and Sunday Swim & Sing, a respite and recreation program involving music therapy and pool time for children ages 3-18 with severe neurological disabilities and their families. The Respite and Recreation Support Staff will work 10am to 5pm with a team of Support Staff to assist participants in engaging in sessions to the participants' best ability, and to create the best possible experience to enhance quality of life for both the participant and their entire family.
This position is 20 Sundays/year (schedule to be provided to candidates during initial phone interview). The Respite and Recreation Support Staff position is a full day position, 10am-5pm at the Newton JCC. The salary is $18/hour.
- High school degree required. Experience working or volunteering with individuals with disabilities is preferred, but applicants wanting to gain experience in the disability field are welcome to apply.
- Ability to Pass First Aid/CPR within the first 6 months of employment
- Strong Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Friendly, Outgoing, Personable, Caring, Reliable
- May be required to bend, stoop, kneel, and assist clients in and out of wheelchairs
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.