Autism Day Program Coordinator
- CHAI Services - Residential Programs
- Weston, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Autism Day Program Coordinator position works in a home campus and community based program with a 28-year-old young man on the Autism Spectrum. The home campus facilities include a classroom area, large gym, music studio, green house, pool, art studio and gallery. The coordinator has a great opportunity to join an experienced and innovative team of diverse professionals in the field of special education, specifically working with individuals on the autism spectrum. The coordinator will collaborate with the team to further implement a communication based curriculum using a state of the art augmentative communication system. Activities in the curriculum include: art, music therapy, adaptive physical education, and enhancing social skills. Participants from JF&CS CHAI Works program participate in the curriculum activities as well. The coordinator must have strong leadership, take initiative, value working collaboratively with family and consultants, and enjoy learning new ideas and trying different approaches. The emphasis of the program for the individual is rooted in the belief that communication and emotional health are the foundation for all vibrant social interactions.
For more details about this program, please visit: http://www.voicecolors.org/
Full-time and part-time positions available, Monday-Friday. The position is located in Weston, MA.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure safety and provide comprehensive assistance to client.
- Ability to multitask during a variety of activities and transitions throughout the client's day.
- Support the individual to continue achieving goals in the areas of communication and social interactions in all settings of his day.
- Participate and understand education strategies to effectively teach physical fitness training, yoga, art, music therapy, and related activities with the individual
- Utilize a high-technology augmentative communication devise in a diverse array of social contexts
- Communicate effectively and readily with the individual and the individual's family
- Engage in professional development in the areas of TEACCH, SCERTS, and PECS to cultivate knowledge of best practices.
- Ensure the individual is receiving instruction according to his learning style, strengths and needs.
- Complete administrative tasks as assigned.
- Transport JF&CS clients in own vehicle.
- Other duties as specified
- High School Diploma and/or Bachelor's degree in field of special education, art therapy, psychology.
- Experience working with individual with developmental disabilities required for applicants with high school diploma.
- Ability to pass First Aid/CPR trainings
- Must have safe and reliable vehicle to transport clients
- Must have valid Driver's License and proof of car insurance
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Intermediate Skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.
- Familiarity with Communication software (Board Maker and Writing with Symbols) or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media