Day Program Coordinator
- CHAI Services - Day and Employment Programming
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR THIS POSITION!!!
Males Strongly Encouraged to Apply!
Our CHAI Works Day Program is looking for fun, energetic, compassionate, and dedicated staff to work in our day programs with adults with developmental disabilities. Staff run learning groups on-site and take participants out into the community to volunteer, work out, and do other fun activities. Showcase your talents, skills, and creativity to an eager audience. This position is great for someone who has work experience, lived experience, or who is eager to enter the field and learn.
- This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week, generally working between the hours of 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday, with weekends off!
- You will be working out of our Waltham Office and at various community locations.
- The hourly rate for this position starts at $15.00, with eligibility for an increase up to $16.00 after 90 days of employment.
- Eligibility for benefits including a generous amount of paid time off (vacation, personal days, holidays, paid sick time), medical insurance, dental, vision, retirement plan. We also offer a number of company-paid and voluntary benefit options as well as many consumer discount programs
Your workday will include:
- Engaging and integrating participants with involvement in community-based volunteer and recreational activities.
- Leading group sessions with participants focusing on life-long learning, hobby, recreational, and/or communication skills.
- Acting as a role model to participants by displaying proper dress, language and character skills for community/work settings.
- Working with participants on new skills/tasks, behavior management, personal development, social skills, and communication.
- Provide case management to a case load of about 6 participants.
What can you bring to this position?
- It would be great if you've had previous experience with individuals with developmental disabilities, but it's not necessary. We'll Train You!
- Also, we would prefer if you had some college experience, whether you're working towards a degree, or already have one.
- You should have an enthusiastic attitude, a strong sense of motivation, an ability to independently take initiative and strong interpersonal/communication skills.
- Current certifications in First Aid, CPR, & MAP are a bonus! However, we will help you get trained and certified if you're not already.
- You must have a valid driver's license and a safe and reliable, insured vehicle as you will need to transport participants on occasion.
- Lastly, you'll need to be familiar with using Microsoft Office computer programs including Microsoft Outlook email, Microsoft Word and Excel.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media