- Center for Early Relationship Support Programs - Project NESST
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Center for Early Relationship Support (CERS) provides support groups, home visiting, family support and clinical services for families and training and professional development for professionals focused on supporting the earliest parent-child relationships, maternal and infant mental health and child and family well-being. CERS is seeking a Parent-Child Clinician for Project NESST (Newborns Exposed to Substances: Support and Therapy) and/or Early Connections/Conexiones Tempranas (ECCT). Project NESST (Newborns Exposed to Substances: Support and Therapy) provides parent-child therapy and peer support to address the impact of substance use and trauma on parent's mental health, the early parent-child relationship, and infant development. ECCT provides child-parent psychotherapy and group interventions pregnant women and families with children under five who have been impacted by trauma.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide child parent psychotherapy to vulnerable parent-child dyads who have faced challenges in the perinatal period related to medication or substance use or trauma.
- Intervene in partnership with NESST/ECCT team members.
- Deliver services in the context of families' likely histories of trauma and/or addiction, utilizing best practices related to trauma-informed treatment and recovery from substance-use disorders.
- Collaborate with hospital staff, infant-toddler family specialists, Department of Children and Families social workers, addiction treatment staff, and others connected to the child and parent's treatment.
- Participate in all clinical meetings and trainings, and receiving consultation from developmental specialists, addiction treatment providers, and others as appropriate.
- Provide services in area hospitals, including neonatal intensive care units, and families' homes and community settings.
- Partner with NESST/ECCT staff to promote Project NESST, ECCT and CERS with community providers, area agencies, and interested professionals.
- Maintain accurate, required record keeping in accordance with program guidelines, research and administrative project needs. Enter data in the agency client management system.
- Participate in planning for program evaluation with our research partners to gain familiarity with all data instruments and participate in data collection.
- Meet regularly in supervision with ECCT Project Director and/or NESST Clinical Coordinator.
- Participate in ECCT/NESST team meetings, and other CERS/staff meetings as requested.
- May perform additional duties as needed or requested.
- Advanced degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Public Health or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with women in the perinatal period, infants or young children, preferably with parent-infant dyads.
- Training or practice related to working with highly vulnerable and complex families.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point).
- Access to private transportation and willingness to travel to clients' homes required.
- Advanced training, seminars, or supervision focused on infant-parent treatment is preferred.
- Experience in working with clients with substance use disorders and/or trauma is preferred; the clinician is not expected to provide addiction treatment.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred for candidates interested in ECCT.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media