Peer Recovery Coach/ Maternal Recovery Specialist
- Center for Early Relationship Support Programs - Project NESST
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Project NESST (Newborns Exposed to Substances: Support and Therapy) provides parent-child therapy and peer support to address the impact of substance use and trauma on parent's mental health, the early parent-child relationship, and infant development. NESST helps pregnant and new mothers meet the dual challenges of parenting and recovery from substance use disorder so they can form healthy relationships with their developing babies. NESST is a program of the Center for Early Relationship Support (CERS). CERS provides support groups, home visiting, family support and clinical services for families and training and professional development for professionals focused on supporting the earliest parent-child relationships, maternal and infant mental health and child and family well-being.
Project NESST's Maternal Recovery Specialists are responsible for providing support, education, treatment planning, referrals and case management to pregnant and new mothers whose newborns have been substance-exposed. The Maternal Recovery Specialist reports to the NESST MRS Supervisor/ Clinician for individual and group supervision.
This position is available either as a part-time or full-time position. The salary is $21/hour.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work in collaboration with assigned clinician and NESST team to support assigned caseload of individual clients.
- Conduct regular visits either on the phone, in a community setting, or through home visits with assigned clinician to bolster client's confidence, support her relationship with her baby, provide information regarding resources, provide information regarding and encourage use of recovery support services and provide connections and assistance with concrete services.
- Work with supervisor and NESST team to conduct develop, implement and revise family treatment plans as they relate to maternal recovery specialist services.
- Participate actively in weekly formal supervision and adhere to daily supervisory check ins.
- Maintain accurate and timely case records in accordance with program guidelines.
- Participate Maternal Recovery Specialist and NESST team meetings, and other CERS/staff meetings as requested.
- Participate in and obtain required certificates to advance training regarding job skills.
- Participate in all required trainings and staff development programs.
- Perform additional duties as needed or requested.
- Applicants must be in recovery as this is an essential job function.
- No applicant will be considered without inclusion of a cover letter.
- Post high school experience working with families and children.
- Prior experience working in a structured work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and engage with high-risk mothers and their families.
- Willingness to work with a diverse population.
- Access to a car and a valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel within Massachusetts.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to work independently and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point).