- - Facilities Administration
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Maintenance Associate is responsible for facility and grounds maintenance and repair at the headquarters of this large human services agency. Duties include routine testing of building and safety systems, performing general handyman duties, workspace set-up, and help-desk response. The position requires a flexible individual able to manage multiple projects and make sound judgment based on considerations of safety, operational priorities and customer satisfaction. The Maintenance Associate must have strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. This is a part time position: Monday through Friday from 7am-12pm.
Essential Job Functions:
- Daily upkeep with general maintenance of the building, offices, workstations, and grounds
- Routine testing of building and safety systems
- Proactively monitoring facility to identify potential areas of concern
- Handyman duties such as minor repairs, patching, painting, hanging artwork, assembling/relocating furniture, setting up offices or workstations, etc.
- Interacting with maintenance vendors
- End-user helpdesk response
- Other tasks as assigned/needed, such as climate control, running errands, completing special projects, etc.
- Assist in ensuring a secure environment as per the agency's procedures
- Attend appropriate trainings
- 2-5 years relevant work experience required
- Must possess basic knowledge of building repair, including how to recognize issues with plumbing, electrical, painting and light carpentry; must be skilled at completing minor facility/handyman repairs
- Must be physically capable of lifting boxes, moving furniture and equipment, etc.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision; must be able to work well both independently and with others
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing procedures, systems and priorities
- Must possess current driver's license
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media