- Center for Early Relationship Support Programs - Project NESST
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Center for Early Relationship Support (CERS) seeks Program Specialists to provide technical assistance/training, support and oversight to a set of direct service partners working to increase access to parenting and peer recovery support for pregnant and parenting families impacted by opioid use across Massachusetts. The project will be housed within CERS, working in close partnership with Project NESST and the Infant-Parent Training Institute (IPTI), state agencies in Massachusetts, and local partners in six communities across the state. CERS empowers parents to develop healthy, responsive relationships with their babies – the essential foundation for lifelong resilience and wellbeing. CERS pursues this mission by providing support groups, home visiting, family support and clinical services for families and training and professional development for professionals. Housed within CERS, Project NESST (Newborns Exposed to Substances: Support and Therapy) provides parent-child therapy and peer recovery support to address the impact of substance use and trauma on parent's mental health, the early parent-child relationship, and infant development. IPTI offers a range of professional development and training opportunities to increase the capacity of the maternal and early mental health childhood workforce.
Program Specialists are responsible for providing technical assistance, in-person and virtual training, oversight and support to 2-3 direct service sites engaged in expanding peer recovery support for pregnant women and parents with young children impacted by opioid use. Program Specialists will be supervised by the Project Director. The position is part of a two-year, grant funded project and will be based at JF&CS headquarters in Waltham, with significant travel within Massachusetts to meet with and provide support to direct service sites.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical assistance, training, oversight and support to 2-3 direct service sites as they expand/build their peer recovery support services for pregnant women and parenting families impacted by opioid use disorder.
- Conduct initial site assessments, identify common training needs, provide ongoing individual site support and guidance.
- In partnership with Project NESST and IPTI staff, develop and deliver a comprehensive training curriculum to support site-based implementation of peer recovery support.
- In partnership with project partners, develop a comprehensive toolkit, including the training curriculum and other key resources, to support ongoing implementation and replication of peer recovery support for the target population.
- Monitor sites to ensure compliance with project requirements, including federal and state reporting requirements.
- Participate as a member of the project team in team meetings, CERS/staff meetings and other groups as needed.
- Perform additional duties as needed or requested.
- Significant content knowledge and direct service experience in maternal mental health, early childhood, parent support and/or substance use disorders.
- Experience and/or familiarity with peer recovery support models.
- Experience developing curricula and delivering high-quality training that incorporates adult learning frameworks, the needs of diverse learners, and in-person and virtual training formats.
- Experience providing technical assistance and/or supervising the accomplishment of a set of objectives or deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Access to a car and a valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel within Massachusetts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point).
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media