Jewish Life & Education Coordinator
- CHAI Services - Social Connections
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Jewish Life & Education Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Jewish Life educational activities and social groups for individuals with disabilities and mental illness. These activities can include playing Jewish trivia, exploring local museums and public attractions, and welcoming and celebrating Shabbat with candle lighting, Kiddush, motzi and a delicious Kosher dinner. The Coordinator creates opportunities for formal and informal Jewish learning that enhances positive social experiences and makes a difference in the lives of Jewish adults with disabilities.
This position includes administrative and direct client work. The position is 15-20 hours/week, and includes planning, coordinating, and running four activities per month, typically on the evenings or weekends.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, master's preferred or at least 3 years' experience working in Jewish education or related field
- Familiarity with Jewish life and learning including holidays and celebrations, traditions and religious teaching
- Experience working with individuals with mental illness needed, experience with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred
- Ability to work weekends and evenings a must
- Ability to navigate community resources to research and find activities and events
- Valid MA driver's license and proof of auto insurance