Disabilities and Older Adults Resource Specialist
- CHAI Services - Disabilities Resource Network
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Disabilities & Older Adults Resource Coordinator joins a consumer and results-oriented team of information and referral specialists at JF&CS. This position helps people with disabilities, older adults, family members, and interested professionals learn about relevant community resources, programs, and benefits. The Disabilities & Older Adults Resource Coordinator provides information and referrals over the phone, via email, and at vendor fairs and speaking engagements. Although this position will be providing assistance to both individuals with disabilities and older adults, they will be the disability resource expert on the team, with colleagues who can provide training on resources for older adults. Researching and updating resource information and collaborating with internal and external colleagues are also important aspects of the job. This is a position for someone who is passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
This is a Monday-Friday, full-time position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess the caller's need for services and resources; research options; assemble and provide up-to-date information tailored to the caller's situation.
- Respond to all requests in a timely manner with information pertaining to resources and agencies in Greater Boston, North Shore, and Worcester communities.
- Continually research, develop and maintain resource and referral information that meets the needs of individuals with disabilities or mental illness, older adults, families/caregivers, and service providers.
- Collaborate with JF&CS communications staff to produce marketing materials and online resources.
- As appropriate, represent JF&CS at community events.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely electronic client records.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Extensive knowledge of the needs of children and adults with disabilities is required.
- At least 3 years' professional experience providing customer/consumer support.
- Familiarity with disability and mental health resources, specifically in the Boston area
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with internet navigation.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media