Disabilities Resource Network Coordinator
- CHAI Services - Disabilities Resource Network
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Disabilities Resource Network (DRN) Coordinator joins a consumer and results-oriented team of information and referral specialists at JF&CS. This position helps people with disabilities, family members, and interested professionals learn about relevant community resources, programs, and benefits. This position will also be providing guidance and support around older adult resources. The DRN Coordinator provides information and referrals over the phone, via email, and at vendor fairs and speaking engagements. Researching and updating resource information and collaborating with internal and external colleagues are also important aspects of the job. This is a position for someone who is passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
This is a Monday-Friday position, with flexible hours ranging from 20-36.25 hours per week depending on availability and interests of the ideal candidate.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess the caller's need for services and resources; research options; assemble and provide up-to-date information tailored to the caller's situation.
- Respond to all requests in a timely manner with information pertaining to resources and agencies in Greater Boston, North Shore, and Worcester communities.
- Continually research, develop and maintain resource and referral information that meets the needs of individuals with disabilities or mental illness, families/caregivers, and service providers.
- Serve as an ambassador for all CJP disability network programs
- Collaborate with JF&CS communications staff to produce marketing materials and online resources.
- As appropriate, represent JF&CS at community events.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely electronic client records.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Extensive knowledge of the needs of children and adults with disabilities is required.
- At least 3 years' professional experience providing customer/consumer support.
- Familiarity with disability and mental health resources, specifically in the Boston area
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with internet navigation.