- CHAI Services - Adult Family Care
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Registered Nurse works with adults with developmental disabilities who receive services through Mass Health. They work to ensure the medical component of the programs are completed through home visits and assist the Lead Nurse with administrative responsibilities. The Registered Nurse manages their own schedule, ensuring that required visits and paperwork are completed in a timely manner. The Disabilities Registered Nurse may assist with back up coverage for the Program Manager during absence due to illness or vacation.
This position is 20-30 hours/week, with a flexible schedule. Some visits will occur on weekends or evenings. Most visits will be in the Greater Boston/Metrowest Area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the evaluation of potential program participants in conjunction with the Program Manager
- Complete client AFC intakes (interview, communicate with collateral contacts, complete enrollment paperwork) for all new clients enrolling in the AFC program
- Oversee a caseload of AFC clients in the community. Most locations will be in the Greater Boston/Metrowest Area. The Disabilities Nurse must complete the following for their caseload: semi-annual participant health status reports, visiting the client in their home at least once every 60 days, review/supervise the provisions of personal care via phone and file review at least once every 30 days
- Assist the Program Manager with administrative duties as assigned
- Act as the liaison with the primary care physician and families to obtain participant's medical information and to communicate participants' health related needs
- Monitor the health status of the participants and provide training for staff regarding participants' health related needs
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Currently Licensed as a Registered Nurse to practice in the Commonwealth of MA
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media