Family Case Manager
- CHAI Services - Disability Lifespan Solutions
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Disability Lifespan Solutions (DLS) Family Case Manager is a vital resource to families and provides individualized step by step assistance to make sure their family member has appropriate support now and into the future. The Family Case Manager helps families manage a variety of tasks including: applying for benefits (Social Security, MassHealth, SNAP, DDS), navigating bureaucracies, arranging for guardianship and alternatives to guardianship, and accessing community resources and programs that best suit their family member's needs, interests and personality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide consultation services for families including assistance creating life plans and accessing resources (public benefits, special needs trusts, supported housing, transportation, day programming, employment supports, social/recreational resources).
- Prepare written recommendations for client families, including information about relevant resources and application/appeals processes.
- Prepare or review benefits applications for clients.
- Advocate on behalf of client families to help them secure needed resources.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely electronic client records.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date information on all relevant resources.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with relevant agencies in Eastern Massachusetts as well as collaborative relationships with other JF&CS staff to support referrals to other programs.
- Master's degree preferred/Bachelor's degree required
- Two or more years of relevant experience assisting adults with disabilities and their families through transitions and helping them plan for the future needs as they relate to housing, day and employment supports, finances, and healthcare.
- Familiarity with public and private resources for people with disabilities as well as application and appeals processes.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
- Must have a reliable vehicle. Mileage reimbursement provided.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media