Awake Overnight Residential Specialist
- CHAI Services - Residential Programs
- Brighton, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS is looking for Awake Overnight Residential Specialists who have experience in the field of human services. The Overnight Residential Specialist position assists residents with their bedtime and morning routines. Once all the evening shift responsibilities are complete, the Overnight Residential Specialist provides awake on-site, on-call support for the residents, until their morning shift responsibilities begin. Residential Specialists provide assistance and support to clients at home and in the community. Successful candidates must have strong time management skills, be flexible and creative, and must be willing to support clients in a wide range of tasks and activities. Ability to perform physical transfers is a must.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support clients to complete their activities of daily living
- Ensure a safe and clean living environment
- Work directly with individual to develop and achieve meaningful life goals
- Document information and assist in tracking data with logs and reports
- Maintain professional communication with other program staff
- Provide support and direct care to clients, and help to maintain a safe and clean living/working environment
- Transporting clients to activities and appointments
This is a full time position, either Sunday-Wednesday or Thursday-Saturday, 10:30pm-8:30am. Our main office is located in Waltham, but our residential programs are in Brighton.
- High school diploma or equivalency and experience working with individuals with disabilities, preferably in a residential setting
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- First Aid/CPR/MAP certifications preferred, ability to pass First Aid/CPR/MAP required
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Experience with physical transfers
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written