- CHAI Services - Supported Housing
- Brighton, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS is seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate individual to work with adults with Autism and mental health needs in a community residential setting. The ideal candidate will partner with participant to set goals and develop strategies to meet those goals. Case Managers plan and facilitate weekend and other recreational activities, ensuring that participants maximize their community involvement. The Case Manager will also have the opportunity to run groups focused on social pragmatics and social connections. Case Managers are an integral part of the service planning team, with the opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of the people we serve.
This is a full-time, 40 hour/week position, including weekend hours. Our headquarters is in Waltham, and our programs are located in Brighton. The hourly rate for this position is $18/hour.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the individual to continue achieving goals in the areas of independent living skills and social pragmatics.
- Communicate effectively and readily with the individual and the individual's family
- Ensure the individual is receiving instruction according to his learning style, strengths and needs.
- Case management responsibilities including writing daily service logs, daily goal tracking, weekly participant updates, monthly progress notes, ISP assessments, incident reporting, and ensuring participants' files and records are updated and accurate.
- Attend required staff meetings, supervisions and professional development.
- Transport JF&CS clients in own vehicle.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or High School Diploma or Equivalency with at least one year working with people with disabilities.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- CPR and First Aid certifications (or ability to pass within the first 30 days of employment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- May include lifting and supporting up to 50 lbs
- May be required to bend, stoop, and kneel
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Intermediate Skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media