- CHAI Services - Day and Employment Programming
- Canton, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ASK ABOUT OUR $300 SIGN-ON BONUS!!!
The Pathways to Employment Program Coordinator works in our soft skills development program supporting individuals with mild to moderate developmental disabilities and psychiatric needs in developing their soft skills and preparing them for success in independent employment. The Program Coordinator utilizes and develops relevant and engaging curriculum to present to the participants in a classroom setting. The Program Coordinator also works with participants in groups and 1:1 to train and develop these independent work skills in both classroom and integrated community settings. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to support participants in their learning and development, an understanding of best practices of employment for adults with disabilities, and some experience developing and presenting teaching curriculum in an interesting and engaging manor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and effectively present participant training items/curriculum.
- Provide coaching to participants during community volunteering.
- Develop strong relationships with community partners. Be a liaison between the community partners and Pathways to Employment Program.
- Ensure safety and provide comprehensive assistance to participants including integrating adults into the community & participating with individuals during internal and community based activities/groups.
- Conduct vocational assessments, baseline and periodic skill development assessments, and other assessments according to protocol.
- Communicate effectively with program staff and individuals associated with consumer services, in a collaborative team effort.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, in a vocational or community integrated settings preferred.
- Excellent judgment, participant safety oversight, and clear/open communication skills
- Strong candidates are enthusiastic, motivated, and self-starters with strong interpersonal/communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to pass First Aid/CPR/MAP
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)