Community Training Specialist - Aging and Mental Health
- - Older Adults Division
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Community Education and Training Specialist is an educator and facilitator providing credible information about mental health issues among older adults. It's a hands-on role developing and delivering compelling content that educates, drives engagement, and provokes a response. The ideal candidate will have experience with aging and mental health issues in housing and in the community.
Benefits & Position Details:
- This is a full-time position of 36.25 hours per week, working out of our Waltham office, but with frequent travel throughout the community. Flexible scheduling arrangements are negotiable.
- We are proud to offer a competitive salary structure and comprehensive benefits package for qualified professionals that includes a broad array of benefits programs such as medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement plan options. We also offer several company-paid and voluntary benefit plans such as EyeMed, Pet Insurance, discounted Home and Auto Insurance and ID Theft Insurance.
- Paid time off benefits for this position include over 4 weeks of vacation, legal and religious holidays off, personal days and paid sick time.
Your workday will include:
- Creating engaging content for presentations to older adults and professionals.
- Delivering training in the community that builds awareness and knowledge that can lead to behavior change.
- Working as part of team within JF&CS Services for Older Adults to identify and respond to needs in the community.
- Serving as the JF&CS representative at mental health, housing and community meetings and events.
What can you bring to this position?
- Ideal candidates must have a Master's in Social Work or a comparable mental health degree AND experience working with older adults in a mental health setting.
- We are looking for someone who has exceptional writing and communication skills and is an engaging presenter/facilitator who enjoys and can relate to people from different backgrounds.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) required with experience in using PowerPoint and other tools to develop presentations that respond to different learning styles.