Community Training Specialist - Aging and Mental Health
- - Older Adults Division
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Community Education and Training Specialist is an educator and facilitator providing credible information about mental health issues among older adults. It's a hands-on role developing and delivering compelling content that educates, drives engagement, and provokes a response. The ideal candidate will have experience with aging and mental health issues in housing and in the community.
Benefits & Position Details:
- This is a full-time position of 36.25 hours per week, working out of our Waltham office, but with frequent travel throughout the community. Flexible scheduling arrangements are negotiable.
- We are proud to offer a competitive salary structure and comprehensive benefits package for qualified professionals that includes a broad array of benefits programs such as medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement plan options. We also offer several company-paid and voluntary benefit plans such as EyeMed, Pet Insurance, discounted Home and Auto Insurance and ID Theft Insurance.
- Paid time off benefits for this position include over 4 weeks of vacation, legal and religious holidays off, personal days and paid sick time.
Your workday will include:
- Creating engaging content for presentations to older adults and professionals.
- Delivering training in the community that builds awareness and knowledge that can lead to behavior change.
- Working as part of team within JF&CS Services for Older Adults to identify and respond to needs in the community.
- Serving as the JF&CS representative at mental health, housing and community meetings and events.
What can you bring to this position?
- Ideal candidates must have a Master's in Social Work or a comparable mental health degree AND experience working with older adults in a mental health setting.
- We are looking for someone who has exceptional writing and communication skills and is an engaging presenter/facilitator who enjoys and can relate to people from different backgrounds.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) required with experience in using PowerPoint and other tools to develop presentations that respond to different learning styles.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media