- Community Services Division - TeenSafe
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TeenSafe, a program of Journey to Safety (the domestic abuse program of Jewish Family & Children's Service), is dedicated to raise the visibility of teen dating abuse across the Jewish community while engaging teen peer leaders in prevention and social change efforts. TeenSafe is entering its 9th year and has, to date, engaged over 2000 Jewish teens and 400 adults in teen dating abuse prevention workshops throughout Greater Boston.
TeenSafe provides teens (and adults who parent or work with teens) the language and tools they need to recognize abuse in a dating or intimate relationship and how to respond if they see, hear about, or experience abuse.
The well-being and safety of teens is at the heart of our efforts. To support the goals of TeenSafe, a TeenSafe Fellow will be an integral part of the Journey to Safety Team.
The TeenSafe Fellow, a paid position, requires 8-10 hours a week, including evening and weekend hours, and access to a vehicle to present workshops in area synagogues (many of which are not accessible to public transportation). The position is for 44 weeks with 8 weeks off during the summer. The TeenSafe Fellow role is for two academic years. The hourly rate for this position is $20/hour.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be a mentor and role-model for TeenSafe peer leaders and teen workshop participants, inspiring a thoughtful and inspirational approach to dating abuse prevention for teens in today's world.
- Work directly with TeenSafe leaders on recruitment, programming and coordination of meetings
- Coordinate and present all TeenSafe outreach programs and workshops
- Work with the JTS and JF&CS Marketing and Communications Team to create related and timely awareness-raising materials and social media content for FB, Twitter and blog postings.
- Participate in a 40-hour domestic and dating abuse certificate training program and JF&CS staff training opportunities
- Attend Journey to Safety team staff meetings and have access to informational meetings with other JF&CS program staff
- Receive regular supervision and debriefing sessions
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media