Visiting Moms Supervisor
- Center for Early Relationship Support Programs - Visiting Moms
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Center for Early Relationship Support provides a range of home visiting, family support and clinical services for families and training and professional development for professionals focused on supporting the earliest parent-child relationships, maternal and infant mental health and child and family well-being. CERS is home to eight distinct programs, staffed by almost 40 paid clinicians and home visitors and over 80 volunteers, and serves over 1,000 clients annually.
The Visiting Moms program, housed within CERS for 30 years, provides home-based support for mothers with babies under 1 year by matching them with trained, experienced mothers for weekly home visits through the baby's first birthday. The Supervisor conducts outreach and intakes and provides supervision and support to a group of volunteers who provide home visits within a designated geographic service area. The Supervisor assumes responsibility for the overall quality of service delivered to families and coordination and supervision of program delivery in a designated service area. This includes overseeing community outreach and collaboration. The service area for this position is the North Shore.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates, monitors, supervises and manages delivery of services.
- Offers training and group supervision to volunteers.
- Provides telephone screening to referral sources and/or parents to help identify and clarify service needs.
- Conducts a clinical assessment during an in-home intake to develop a service plan.
- Provides information and referral as needed.
- Participates in referral outreach as needed.
- Builds awareness of the program in the community.
- Maintains accurate record keeping in accordance with program guidelines, including data entry in the agency client management system.
- Participates as a member of staff teams in Waltham office.
- Represents JF&CS, CERS and Visiting Moms in community coalitions and meetings.
- Additional duties as specified.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or a related field and minimum of three (3) years' experience working with families, parents, children or postpartum women are required.
- Must be mature, flexible and work well in a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point) is required.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.