Family Support Advocate
- Center for Early Relationship Support Programs - Healthy Families
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter.
The Center for Early Relationship Support provides a range of home visiting, family support and clinical services for families and training and professional development for professionals focused on supporting the earliest parent-child relationships, maternal and infant mental health and child and family well-being. CERS is home to eight distinct programs, staffed by over 40 clinicians and home visitors and approximately 80 volunteers, and serves over 1,000 clients annually.
Healthy Families Central Middlesex, housed within CERS, is an intensive home visiting family support program for first-time parents 20 years of age and younger. The program goals are to prevent child abuse and neglect, support health and development of children, assist with parental education and economic self-sufficiency, promote optimal parental health and wellness and reduce repeat teen pregnancies.
The Family Support Advocate provides intensive outreach and home-based service to pregnant or parenting moms and dads in the towns of Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Boxborough, Burlington, Cambridge, Carlisle, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, Littleton, Needham, Newton, Somerville, Waltham, Watertown, Wellesley, Weston, Wilmington, Winchester and Woburn. Family Support Advocates receive extensive training from Children's Trust, and ongoing supervision and support from Healthy Families Central Middlesex staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide weekly home visits with young families
- Build trusting relationships with young families while providing family support
- Work with the family to develop achievable goals
- Use standard screening tools to assess child development
- Monitor well baby care and immunizations
- Complete extensive web-based documentation of all home visits and assessments
- Network and collaborate with other agency providers including making referrals
- Participate in regular individual supervision and team meetings
- Attend comprehensive trainings provided by Children's Trust
- Work independently on home visit planning, scheduling and documentation
- Collaborative work with team to design and implement social groups, parent child groups and 6 support group sessions for young parents
- Bachelor's and or significant experience (3+ years) working with families and children
- Ability to establish trusting relationships, accepting of individual differences
- Willing and able to work with culturally diverse populations
- Open to reflective practice; capacity for self-reflection in relation to others
- Knowledge of infant, child, and adolescent development
- Interest in community outreach and collaboration
- Driver's license and own car – extensive travel and some participant transportation required
- Spanish proficiency is highly preferred
- Experience with group facilitation is a plus
- Comfortable with data entry, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media