Support Care Staff
- CHAI Services - Respite and Recreation Programs
- Newton, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Description: The Newton Sunday Swim & Sing Family Support Care Staff is a member of a team of Care Staff directly work with individuals (ages 3-18) with neurological disorders, and their families, during a Sunday Swim & Sing Program in Newton. The program takes place on 20 Sundays from 2pm-5pm, and the activities offered to participants are music and swimming. Care Staff support and assist participants during music therapy through positive reinforcement, encouragement and modeling. During the free swim time, Care Staff work with individuals and their families in the pool spending time with individuals with disabilities and their siblings/parents, and offering extra support before and after the swim.
Position Details: This position is 20 Sundays/year (schedule to be provided to candidates during initial phone interview.) This is a half day position. The salary $18/hour.
- High school degree required. Experience working or volunteering with individuals with disabilities is preferred, but applicants wanting to gain experience in the disability field are welcome to apply.
- Ability to Pass First Aid/CPR within the first 6 months of employment
- Strong Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Friendly, Outgoing, Personable, Caring, Reliable
- May be required to bend, stoop, kneel, and assist clients in and out of wheelchairs
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media