Assistant Program Manager
- CHAI Services - Day and Employment Programming
- Canton, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR THIS POSITION!!!
Our CHAI Works- South Day Program is looking for a creative, fun, energetic, compassionate, and dedicated Assistant Program Manager to work in our day program with adults with developmental disabilities. The Assistant Program Manager is responsible for assisting the Program Manager in developing, planning, coordinating and providing comprehensive Community-Based Day Services for adults in a growing, dynamic, and fast-paced program. The Assistant Program Manager is on-site and available during programming to ensure participant safety and meaningful programming.
- This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week, generally working between the hours of 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday, with weekends off!
- You will be working out of our Canton day program location and will periodically visit various community sites.
- Eligible for benefits including a generous amount of paid time off (vacation, personal days, holidays, paid sick time), medical insurance, dental, vision, retirement plan. We also offer a number of company-paid and voluntary benefit options as well as many consumer discount programs.
Your workday will include:
- Creating the individualized and community-based weekly schedule for the program.
- Coordinating day to day programming activities, quality, and schedule changes.
- Providing on-site staffing and clinical support, as well as problem solving issues that come up with programming and participants on a day-to-day basis.
- Assisting the Program Manager to oversee program staff regarding participant programming and support needs.
- Providing case management for assigned caseload.
- Supervising and evaluating direct care staff, volunteers, and interns, as assigned.
- When needed, providing direct care staffing and support during program hours.
- Completing daily opening responsibilities, including ensuring all transportation is scheduled accurately and resolving any discrepancies.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and several years' experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and dual diagnosis required
- Ability to make safe, consistent and effective clinical decisions in crisis and non-crisis situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and evaluate participant goals/activities, operations, and staffing patterns
- Knowledge of DDS regulations preferred
- Driver's license and reliable vehicle
- Ability to pass First Aid/CPR/MAP trainings
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office computer programs including Microsoft Outlook email, Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to navigate and utilize database systems, JF&CS will provide training.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.