Assistant Program Manager
- CHAI Services - Day and Employment Programming
- Canton, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The CHAI Works-South Assistant Program Manager is responsible for assisting the CHAI Works Program Manager in developing, planning, coordinating and providing comprehensive Community-Based Day Services for adults with developmental disabilities in a growing, dynamic, fast-paced program. The CHAI Works Assistant Program Manager is on-site and available during programming to ensure participant safety and meaningful programming.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate day to day programming activities, quality, and schedule changes.
- Provide on-site staffing and clinical support, as well as problem solve issues that come up with programming/participants on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist Program Manager to oversee program staff regarding participant programming and support needs.
- Create the individualized and community-based weekly schedule for CHAI Works.
- Provide case management for assigned caseload.
- Supervise and evaluate direct care staff, volunteers, and interns, as assigned.
- When needed, provide direct care staffing and support during program hours.
- Complete CHAI Works opening responsibilities, including ensuring all transportation is scheduled accurately and resolving any discrepancies.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and dual diagnosis required
- Ability to make safe, consistent and effective clinical decisions in crisis and non-crisis situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and evaluate participant goals/activities, operations, and staffing patterns
- Knowledge of DDS regulations preferred
- Driver's license and reliable vehicle
- Ability to pass First Aid/CPR/MAP trainings
- Knowledge and utilization of ETO database on a regular/daily basis, JF&CS will provide training
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Intermediate Skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.