Autism Social Worker
- CHAI Services - Clinical Services
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Autism Social Worker provides clinical case management, coaching, and supportive counseling to adults with a range of disabilities, primarily Autism Spectrum Disorders. The Autism Social Worker delivers targeted assistance in one or two need areas and/or coordinates those services provided by other JF&CS programs or other agencies.
This is a Monday-Friday, 36.25 hour per week position. Schedule may be flexible and will be worked out with supervisor. Clients are typically seen in the community and in home settings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Skills training in the areas of financial management, social skills, organization strategies, and advocacy skills.
- Creation of treatment plans, completion of daily documentation, and regular review of individual service plans.
- Case management including coordination and assistance with application for health care, housing, and SNAP (food stamp) benefits. He/she will also help coordinate the services when several services/providers are involved.
- Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical outpatient therapy to clients as scheduled.
- Attend and participate actively in all staff meetings.
- Become an active member of JF&CS CHAI Services and collaborate with the mental health team and other agencies as appropriate.
- Recent MSW's are encouraged to apply; LICSW supervision is available. Minimum qualifications include Masters degree in related field and experience working with individuals with psychiatric conditions/Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- MA driver's license and vehicle are required. Mileage is reimbursed.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Case Manager/Resource Specialist must demonstrate ability to complete core benefit applications (SNAP, Masshealth, SSI, Housing applications) within 30 days of hire. Knowledge of disability services (DDS, SSI, SSDI) a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point).
- Individual must have history of working with adults with developmental disabilities and significant psychiatric conditions.
- Individual must have a solid knowledge of psychopathology and intervention skills
- Individual must have competence in conducting an initial assessment and in the development and implementation of an appropriate treatment plan.
- Knowledge of billing software a plus.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.