Case Manager - Autism Services
- CHAI Services - Clinical Services
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS CHAI Services provides support, strategies, and special expertise in addressing the needs of children and adults with developmental disabilities, mental illness, and autism spectrum disorder. The Autism Social worker will be an integral part of the Clinical Services Team of CHAI Services, providing clinical case management, coaching, and supportive counseling to adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder as well as participating in weekly multi-disciplinary clinical team meetings, coordinating care with external providers, and helping clients transfer their newly acquired skills from community to home. The social worker is familiar with service systems (e.g., Departments of Education, Developmental Disabilities, and Social Services) that are involved in the care of patients with Autism Spectrum Disorder across the lifespan.
This position is full time, (40 hour work week) Monday-Friday, with flexible scheduling that can be worked out with the supervisor. Clients are typically seen in the community and home settings. All mileage will be reimbursed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Training clients in skills such as financial management, social skills, organization strategies, and advocacy skills
- Creating treatment plans for clients, while maintaining daily documentation and regular review of individual service plans
- Coordinating and assisting clients with applications for health care, housing, and food benefits
- Providing high quality, compassionate, and ethical outpatient therapy to clients
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings
- Become an active member of JF&CS CHAI Services and collaborating with the Clinical Services Team and other agencies, as appropriate
- Master's in human service field (ie: social work, psychology, counseling) preferred, or 5+ years of experience working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- MA Driver's license and vehicle are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge/experience with core benefit applications (SNAP/MassHealth/SSI/etc)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, PowerPoint)
- History of working with adults with developmental disabilities, with a core understanding of psychopathology and intervention skills
- Competence in conducting assessments, and developing/implementing treatment plans
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media