- CHAI Services - Residential Programs
- Brighton, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for a Residence Manager with experience working with adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities, adults with complex medical needs, and seniors. A successful candidate must be a leader who can manage and inspire staff and clients and who can oversee a complex program while providing a supportive and nurturing environment for all. Strong coaching skills and the flexibility and willingness to work hands-on are a must.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise and train all program staff
- Interview and assist in the hiring process of all potential staff members for the program the manager oversees. The manager may be asked to participate in screening/interviewing of any residential staff person.
- Train new program staff on policies and procedures and individual client needs
- Document staff trainings and ensure all staff trainings are completed and not expired.
- Complete annual reviews for all program staff
- Makes recommendations for staff promotions, raises, and disciplinary action of all program staff
- Hold staff meetings and conduct necessary in-house trainings.
- Conduct regular supervisions with each staff person working in the program.
- Ensure adequate staffing for each shift to stay within mandated staffing ratios and find relief coverage when needed.
- Coordinate all program operations
- Implementation and tracking of budget as assigned
- Submit and approve weekly payroll to CHAI administrative staff by Monday afternoons.
- Ensure all requirements and regulations for DDS, Mass Health, MCB DPH and JF&CS are met, including but not limited to record keeping, service plans, progress notes, ISPs, and incident reporting.
- Help recruit and screen new participants when there are client vacancies
- Oversee all client records, including all paper files and ETO/electronic files. Ensure that they conform to JF&CS as well as state funding agency requirements.
- Monitor program supplies within each program and contact CHAI administrative coordinator to order more supplies each month.
- Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the program
- Work closely with CHAI administrative coordinator to ensure van is maintained and all repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Complete monthly program audits (client files, petty cash, medication, client finances, etc.)
- Ensures all maintenance and IT requests are made and completed
- Ensures all MAP regulations are followed
- Coordinate all client care
- Coordinates the case management of all clients, ensuring goals are being worked on regularly and all progress note and assessment deadlines are met.
- Assist clients and program staff in setting client goals and developing implementation strategies to meet them.
- Perform direct care and case management as needed
- Coordinate all healthcare and therapy appointments for all clients as needed
- Turn in weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual paperwork by designated due dates (i.e.: weekly client updates, monthly goal progress notes, VSMs, GAFC logs, SDRs, and GAFC 60 day notes).
- Communicate regularly with client families, day programs, and collateral treatment providers to ensure client needs are being met
- Manage all transportation needs for the program and all residents as needed
- Act as or supervise the Human Rights Officer and Fire Safety Officer for the program
- Serve as main point of contact during emergencies and crises.
- Screen all incidents, enter Critical incidents into the computer system and notify the Assistant Residential Director and Director of DDS Residential within the specified time.
- Willingness to learn, then teach all aspects of Jewish Traditions
- Organizes and oversees participation of group activities and events for program
- Follows all JF&CS personnel policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Physical demands of the job:
- May include lifting and supporting up to 50 lbs
- May be required to bend, stoop, and kneel
- May include lifting clients in and out of wheelchairs, beds and vehicles.
- Computer skills:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Intermediate Skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.
- Additional duties:
- Attend weekly Residence Manager's meetings
- Participate in weekly On Call Manager rotation
- Drive clients in company vehicles (up to 15 passenger vans)
- Serve/function as a role model to individuals by displaying proper dress, language, and character skills.
- Communicate with entire staff team and supervisor around client issues and concerns in a timely manner, in a collaborative team effort
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or at least two years' experience working with people with disabilities, preferably in a residential setting
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to pass CORI, SORB at hire and CPR and Basic First Aid within the first 90 days of employment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including intermediate skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media