Low Income Care Manager
- Older Adults Division - Your Elder Experts
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a full time salaried position working within a group care management practice. The Care Manager will help low-income older adults and younger adults with chronic medical issues, and their families connect with needed resources- including housing, benefits, homecare and medical care. We provide in-person assessments and plans of care requiring either short term or ongoing support. Care managers can guide older adults through the intricacies of Medicare and Medicaid, Social Security benefits, housing options, and long-term care. They also provide expert support to their clients through difficult transitions such as from hopsital to home, or from home to a care facility.
The Low Income Care Manager joins a dedicated and skilled team. The position uses social work skills including assessment and alliance building to provide professional services and assume casework responsibilities for caseload of clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate and assess older adult's needs
- Develop plans of care
- Arrange for services and community resources
- Assist with housing transitions (subsidized housing, assisted living and nursing home)
- Team with community providers
- Manager client medical needs
- Collaborate with family/caregivers both locally and at a distance
- Participate in team meetings, supervision and online case documentation
Education and Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Social Work or related field preferred.
- 2-4 years experience working with older adults
- Experience/knowledge of dementia care is helpful
- Knowledge of community resources and benefits
- Knolwedge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
- Have access to a car and have a safe driving record