Autism Residential Specialist
- CHAI Services - Supported Housing
- Newton, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Residential Specialist works 1:1 with an individual within the community and in his home. Supports weigh heavily on providing day structure and building independent living skills with this individual. Day structure tasks include, but are not limited to, taking the individual to volunteering opportunities and out to chosen activities each week. The Residential Specialist will also provide minimal support with ADL tasks such as, hygiene prompting, grocery shopping, cooking, and assessing care as needed. This individual would benefit from working with a candidate that has an upbeat and enthusiastic personality, and somebody who enjoys being involved in community-based activities. The hours for this position are Monday- Thursday 9:00-4:00pm, and Friday 9:00-2:00pm. The position is located in Newton, MA.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review logs and shift notes from previous shifts at the beginning of every shift and document shift reports and daily logs at the end of every shift.
- Follow all JF&CS guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in staff meetings and supervisions with Senior Residence Manager.
- Act as a role model to individual by displaying proper dress, language, and character skills.
- Communicate effectively with entire staff team, supervisor, and family around client issues and concerns in a timely manner, in a collaborative team effort.
- Drive client in own vehicle to volunteer opportunities and places in the community.
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least one year experience working with people with disabilities.
- Ability to pass CPR and Basic First Aid within the first 30 days of employment.
- Ability to be flexible in schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- All employees must pass a CORI.
- Must have a valid driver's license and own vehicle.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media