Case Manager - Financial Assistance
- Community Services Division - Center for Basic Needs Assistance
- Waltham, MA, USA
- This is a full time position that offers a competitive salary structure and a comprehensive benefits package
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you want to prevent individuals and families from being evicted?
Do you want to help people keep the lights on and their homes heated?
Are you interested in working with clients to set goals to move from financial crisis to stability?
If your answer is "Yes" to any of these questions, we'd love to speak to you about the impact of our work and the dedicated teamwork we offer.
The Case Manager works with a diverse, low-income population, using a strength-based and clinical approach, providing financial assistance, service coordination and resource referrals. Our role is to support clients as they take steps to build a sustainable financial future.
- This is a full-time position of 36.25 hours per week, working out of our Waltham Office headquarters. This position offers the ability for flexibility in order to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Working within our Basic Needs division, you'll receive rich departmental and agency trainings with regular supervision.
Your workday will include:
- Regular phone intakes with clients, as well as in-person meetings with clients to provide information and assistance.
- Processing financial assistance requests.
- Advocating on behalf of the clients with landlords, utility companies and other providers.
- Facilitating referrals to community resources.
What can you bring to this position?
- Well qualified candidates will have high emotional intelligence and be able to work effectively with diverse individuals from many backgrounds.
- A keen sense of flexibility, creativity and determination which will allow you to face challenging client situations with hope and compassion.
- Preferably, you'll have a Master's degree in Social Work, however, candidates with a Bachelors degree in Social Work with relevant working experience would make you a good candidate for this job.
- You'll need to have a car or reliable transportation for client visits as needed
- And you'll need to be familiar with Microsoft Office computer programs (Excel, Word, Outlook) and be comfortable learning and using technology for record-keeping and communication.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We acknowledge and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is welcoming of all and celebrates the uniqueness of those we serve, staff, volunteers, donors, and business partners.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media