Bilingual Family Support Specialist
- Center for Early Relationship Support Programs - Parent and Sleep Consultations
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Waltham Family School (WFS) is a school for parents of pre-school aged children, parents with low literacy, low income, minorities and immigrants. Waltham Family School (WFS) empowers English Language Learner families to be literate, self-sufficient and connected to the greater Waltham Community. The programs of the school prepare children for success in school, empower parents to be partners with school in the education of their children, and strengthen the parents' skills necessary for parenting, workforce, and community life.
The Center for Early Relationship Support (CERS) provides a range of home visiting, family support and clinical services for families and training and professional development for professionals focused on supporting the earliest parent-child relationships, maternal and infant mental health and child and family well-being. CERS is home to eight distinct programs, staffed by over 40 paid clinicians and home visitors and over 80 volunteers, and serves over 1,000 clients annually.
WFS and CERS are partnering to support a Family Support Specialist/Mental Health Consultant who will work directly with WFS families providing counseling, support and referrals for families, and with WFS staff providing early childhood mental health (ECMH) consultation. The Family Support Specialist will work primarily at the WFS, but will be supervised by a CERS staff member and will be part of the CERS ECMH consultation team and an employee of JF&CS.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide family support services and short-term consultation to WFS families, and referrals for families needing more intensive, long-term therapy.
- Facilitate access to concrete resources and referrals to services for WFA families.
- Develop and implement an interactive social and emotional curriculum for WFS classrooms and the extended WFS community.
- Provide early childhood mental health consultation to WFS preschool classroom staff to support the social-emotional development of children in their care.
- Provide infant/early childhood and maternal mental health training for WFS staff.
- Build a library of mental health resources for the entire WFS administrative team.
- Lead and coordinate group-based activities for WFS adult education participants.
- Engage in community outreach on behalf of WFS.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of parent consultations, ECMH consultation, and other necessary documentation.
- Participate in regular supervision with JF&CS supervisor.
- Participate in WFS team meetings and JF&CS monthly clinical team meetings and monthly Early Childhood Mental Health consultation team meetings.
- May perform additional duties as needed or requested.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in family mental health work and/or with children and families required
- Post-graduate degree and/or independent license in psychology, social work or mental health counseling preferred
- Experience in mental health classroom consultation preferred
- Fluency in Spanish and English speaking and writing required
- Excellent communication skills in multicultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as member of team
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity to vulnerable families
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)