Guardianship Case Manager for Older Adults
- Older Adults Division - Guardianship
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Guardianship Program is a well-established program within the Services for Older Adults division of JF&CS. JF&CS is the largest provider of state funded guardianship under a contract with the Executive Office of Elder Affairs. The program serves our most vulnerable older adults many of whom have either been physically, psychologically, and/or financially abused by individuals known to them or are seriously self-neglecting and have no appropriate family to assume responsibility for their well-being. Our program allows older adults to live safely in the community for as long as possible, without risk of serious harm and with an improved quality of life.
The Case Manager joins a dedicated and skilled team. The position uses social work skills including assessment and alliance building to provide professional services and assume casework responsibilities for caseload of clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages a caseload to include: conducts psychosocial assessments, develops service plans; provides problem focused interventions designed to alleviate the factors placing the elder at risk, and to maximize the elder's quality of life; monitors medical and personal care; and conducts monthly visits, or more as required, to monitor status of clients living at home, in assisted living and long-term care facilities.
- Arranges for or provides services including but not limited to applying for government benefit programs, obtaining medical or health care, exploring/ obtaining alternative living arrangements, assistance with housing problems and advocacy.
- Works collaboratively with Elder Protective Services, other community agencies, medical & personal care providers.
- Consults with program's legal counsel and attends court hearings on an as-needed basis.
- Documents all interactions, work accomplished and progress toward goals; prepares timely reports and maintains client files in accordance with Guardianship Program guidelines.
- Demonstrates openness to learning through use of supervision as well as participation in intake meetings, case consultations, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Available for emergency consultation and on-call.
Education and Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Social Work or related field preferred.
- Case management and experience working with older adults preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and car.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media