Jewish Life & Education Coordinator
- CHAI Services - Social Connections
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Jewish Life and Education Program Coordinator is responsible for planning and leading a total of four, monthly Jewish Life educational activities and social groups, for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health challenges. These activities can include playing Jewish trivia, exploring local museums and public attractions, as well as welcoming and celebrating Shabbat with candle lighting, Kiddush, Motzi and a delicious Kosher dinner. The Coordinator creates opportunities for formal and informal Jewish learning that enhances positive social experiences and makes a difference in the lives of Jewish adults with disabilities.
This is a part time position of approximately 10-15 hours per week with lots of flexibility in the schedule. This position works out of our Waltham office, and events are held here and in various community locations in the Boston Area.
Your workday will include:
- Coordinating with other JF&CS departments, Rabbis, and community partners to offer a range of Jewish Life and education programs.
- Planning, coordinating, and facilitating four events per month. Events are typically on evenings and are planned far in advance.
- Identifying and cultivating referral sources, and marketing the Jewish Life programs through email, phone calls, social media and in person meetings to recruit new and engage current clients.
What can you bring to this position?
Well qualified candidates must have professional or personal experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or mental health challenges. Hopefully, you'll also have an advanced degree in a related social work or education field. If not, you'll have at minimum 5 years of experience working in a similar role. All candidates will need to have a familiarity with Jewish life and learning including holidays and celebrations, traditions and religious teaching. Lastly, you must have a valid driver's license and be willing to be trained on driving a van, as occasionally driving participants in the community is a requirement of this job.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We acknowledge and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is welcoming of all and celebrates the uniqueness of those we serve, staff, volunteers, donors, and business partners.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media