Certified Nurse Aid - All Shifts
- CHAI Services - Residential Programs
- Brighton, MA, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS is looking for enthusiastic and compassionate people to work with adults with developmental disabilities and mental health needs in a community residential setting. Successful candidates must have strong time management skills, be flexible and creative, and be willing to support clients in a wide range of tasks and activities. Experience with physical transfers is a must.
Immediate openings for full time and part time schedules available in Brighton, Newton, and Needham.
- Schedule: Full time, part time and relief positions available
- Location: Our headquarters is in Waltham, with programs in Brighton, Needham and Newton.
- Eligible for benefits including a generous amount of paid time off (vacation, personal days, holidays, paid sick time), medical insurance, dental, vision, retirement plan. We also offer a number of company-paid and voluntary benefit options as well as many consumer discount programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support clients to complete their activities of daily living
- Work directly with individual to develop and achieve meaningful life goals
- Document information and assist in tracking data with logs and reports
- Maintain professional communication with other program staff
- Provide support and direct care to clients, and help to maintain a safe and clean living/working environment
- Transporting clients to activities and appointments
- High school diploma or equivalency and experience working with individuals with disabilities, preferably in a residential setting
- One year of previous experience as a nursing assistant and/or current enrollment in a CNA program preferred
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- First Aid/CPR/MAP certifications preferred, ability to pass First Aid/CPR/MAP required
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Experience with physical transfers
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and community. This is something we value deeply.