Aging Life Care Manager
- Older Adults Division - Your Elder Experts
- Waltham, MA, USA
- $65K to $73K
- Full time salaried or fee for service
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a full time salaried or fee for service position working in a group Aging Life Care Management practice. We provide both short term consultation and ongoing Care Management to older adults and their families/caregivers as well as younger people with chronic illnesses.
The Care Manager does home and community visits as well as transports clients when necessary. We provide regular supervision, monthly group meetings, and a supportive collegial environment. Join our growing practice of seasoned elder care professionals as we take on the challenges of helping people age and live safely with dignity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate and assess older adults and adults living with chronic illnesses strengths and needs
- Provide education to clients/families about options for support resources
- Provide emotional support for clients and their family/caregivers
- Monitor and oversee home/community services for appropriateness and safety
- Collaborate and consult with other involved professionals
- Establish relationships with other service providers and professionals
- Document all interventions and work accomplished in our electronic records and billing system.
- Attend bimonthly staff meetings and supervision, monthly services for older adult team meeting, and agency trainings as required.
- The Care Manager must have a degree in social work (masters preferred), nursing or related field
- At least 2-5 years' experience working with older adults or adults with chronic illnesses and their families/caregivers or 5+ years working in geriatrics.
- Experience working with individuals with dementia preferred.
- The Care Manager must have some knowledge of community resources, entitlements, and private insurance systems.
- The Care Manager must have a car and a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point) required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We acknowledge and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is welcoming of all and celebrates the uniqueness of those we serve, staff, volunteers, donors, and business partners.