Development Officer, Community Relations
- Institutional Advancement - Development
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Giving, the Community Relations Officer (CRO) will build relationships with corporate partners with the goal of developing mutually beneficial relationships, meeting fundraising goals, and increasing JF&CS's visibility in the community. The CRO will steward current corporate donors and identify new prospects, while soliciting gifts and event sponsorships. In partnership with volunteer services, the CRO will be responsible for engaging corporate volunteer groups. The CRO will participate in the Business Advisory Committee and advance outreach for the Employment Services program. Additionally, the CRO will be expected to participate in and attend networking events to increase JF&CS's visibility in the business community. The CRO will work closely with other JF&CS colleagues to collect data, stories, and benchmarks related to the mission of the agency. The CRO will be expected to support JF&CS signature events and contribute to other departmental and organizational goals and activities as needed. This is a full-time position with some flexibility in the schedule; occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. The position requires time outside of the Waltham office for meetings, events and other responsibilities.
Your workday will include:
- Identifying, researching, and meeting with prospective corporate donors with interests that align with JF&CS programs. Soliciting outright gifts and event sponsorships based on set goals.
- Working with the manager of volunteer services to recruit and cultivate corporate volunteers and helping to coordinate volunteer experiences for corporate groups.
- Attending community and networking events to build relationships with potential corporate partners.
- Tracking and maintaining contacts, visits, and due dates in Raisers Edge database.
- Working closely across JF&CS programs and departments to maintain accurate and up to date data on JF&CS benchmarks and impact.
- Working collaboratively with other members of the Institutional Advancement team to meet fundraising goals.
- Attending JF&CS signature events and contributing to other departmental and organizational goals and activities as needed.
What can you bring to this position?
- Excitement about building partnerships with corporations to advance the mission of JF&CS
- A Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience with at least 1-2 years of experience in a nonprofit environment, preferred
- Experience with building a portfolio of prospects and establishing relationships with corporate partners
- Superior written and verbal skills along with a cooperative attitude and willingness to assist others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and willing to learn the Raisers Edge software
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We acknowledge and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is welcoming of all and celebrates the uniqueness of those we serve, staff, volunteers, donors, and business partners.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media