- CHAI Services - Supported Housing
- Brighton, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Case Manager/Service Coordinator provides coaching and case management to adults with developmental disabilities, Autism, and Mental Health needs in the community. The Case Manager/Service Coordinator will partner with the participant to set goals and develop strategies to meet those goals. Case Managers plan and facilitate weekend and other recreational activities, ensuring that participants maximize their community involvement. Case Managers will also run groups focused on social pragmatics and social connections. Clients are typically seen in the community and in-home settings.
Your workday will include:
- Supporting the individual to continue achieving goals in the areas of independent living skills and social pragmatics.
- Communicating effectively and readily with the individual and the individual's family
- Ensuring the individual is receiving instruction according to his learning style, strengths and needs.
- Case management responsibilities including writing daily service logs, daily goal tracking, monthly progress notes, annual assessments, incident reporting, and ensuring participants' files and records are updated and accurate.
- Communicating with entire staff team and supervisor around client issues and concerns in a timely manner, maintaining a collaborative team effort.
- Attending required staff meetings, supervisions and professional development.
- Transporting JF&CS clients in your own vehicle is required.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
What can you bring to this position?
- A Bachelor's degree is required, with at least one year working with people with disabilities.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- MA driver's license and vehicle are required. Mileage is reimbursed.
- All employees must pass background checks
- CPR and First Aid certifications (or ability to pass within the first 30 days of employment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Intermediate Skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We acknowledge and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is welcoming of all and celebrates the uniqueness of those we serve, staff, volunteers, donors, and business partners.