Support Care Staff
- CHAI Services - Respite and Recreation Programs
- Stoughton, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Stoughton Sunday Swim & Sing Support Care Staff is a member of a team of Care Staff directly work with individuals (ages 3-25) with neurological disorders, during a Sunday Swim & Sing Program at the Stoughton Old Colony YMCA. The program takes place on 20 Sundays from 3pm-6pm (schedule to be provided to candidates during initial phone interview) and the activities offered to participants are music and swimming. This is a half day position paid at a rate of $18.00 an hour. Males strongly encouraged to apply!
Your workday will include:
- Supporting and assisting participants during music therapy through positive reinforcement, encouragement and modeling.
- Working directly with, and offering support to, individuals in the pool during free swim time.
- May be required to bend, stoop, kneel, and assist clients in and out of wheelchairs
What can you bring to this position?
- A high school degree.
- Experience working or volunteering with individuals with disabilities is preferred, but applicants wanting to gain experience in the disability field are welcome to apply.
- Ability to Pass First Aid/CPR within the first 6 months of employment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and strong reliability.
- A friendly, outgoing, personable and caring personality!
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We acknowledge and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is welcoming of all and celebrates the uniqueness of those we serve, staff, volunteers, donors, and business partners.