Respite and Recreation Assistant Program Manager
- CHAI Services - Respite and Recreation Programs
- Newton, MA, USA
- Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS is seeking an enthusiastic Respite and Recreation Assistant Program Manager to join our CHAI Services Team. This role supports the Program Manager in overseeing Kids Connection Corner, a therapeutic respite and recreation program for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder; and HALO Sunday Swim & Sing, a respite and recreation program for children and young adults with neurological and physical disabilities and their families. The Assistant Program Manager will lead a team of program staff and volunteers to ensure the best possible experience for participants, while providing respite for their families. This is a part-time position of 7-10 hours per session week, 20 scheduled Sundays a year, located at the Newton JCC. The hourly rate for this position is $20 per hour.
Your workday will include:
- Providing high quality, compassionate and ethical care to all program participants.
- Maintaining knowledge of participants' disabilities/diagnoses, learning styles, strengths and challenges.
- Applying experience to manage session preparation including creating session plans and facilitating therapeutic activities with adaptations that accommodate the needs of each participant.
- Serving as the primary contact and face of the program for families and caregivers.
- Other duties as assigned.
What can you bring to this position?
- A Bachelor's degree in education, human services or a related field preferred.
- At least two years of experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- The ability to work scheduled Sundays.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and training skills.
- Management experience or willingness to learn management skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We acknowledge and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is welcoming of all and celebrates the uniqueness of those we serve, staff, volunteers, donors, and business partners.