Day Program Instructor
- CHAI Services - Day and Employment Programming
- Canton, MA, USA
- Full Time; Hours roughly 8AM-4PM; Monday - Friday schedule
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
$1000 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR THIS POSITION!!!
The CHAI Works Day Program is a fast-paced and fun program for adults with mild to moderate developmental disabilities, such as autism and Down syndrome. We are looking for energetic, compassionate, and dedicated staff to join our team. This position is great for someone who has work/volunteer/lived experience, or who is eager to enter the field and learn.
- Hourly rate starts at $17.00
- Paid time off includes 22 days of vacation, in addition to national and some Jewish holidays
- Immediate eligibility for medical insurance, dental, and vision. We offer many other benefits as well!
Your workday will include:
- Supporting participants to volunteer, exercise, and do other fun activities through the community.
- Leading group sessions with participants focusing on life-long learning, hobby, recreational, and communication skills.
- Working with participants on personal development, social skills, and communication.
- Utilizing redirection, conflict resolution, and verbal de-escalation methods, when needed
- Managing a case load of about 6 participants. Includes maintaining professional communication with families/guardians; development of participants' annual goals and documentation in accordance with agency/state guidelines.
- A valid driver's license and a reliable, insured vehicle. We mainly use program-owned vans for transportation of participants, however using personal cars is occasionally required.
- Excellent teamwork skills, the ability to take initiative, and strong interpersonal/communication skills.
- Previous experience with individuals with developmental disabilities or in roles with similar requirements i.e. camp counselor, substitute teacher, afterschool programming, childcare, working with other vulnerable populations, etc.
- College degree, working towards a degree, or some college coursework.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Outlook and Word.
Feel Safe While Working at JF&CS:
Great safety consideration, planning, and procedures went into the re-opening of in-person day programming during the pandemic and the programs have been running smoothly. We put health and safety first with physically distant interactions with staff and participants. Staff members run educational and fun groups on-site, and during non-pandemic times, take participants out into the community to volunteer, work out, and do other fun activities.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.