Help Desk Technician
- - Information Technology
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Internal Help Desk Technician plays a critical technical role in IT infrastructure, maintenance, and administration. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology and is responsible for providing first and second level support to our JF&CS end-users. Successful candidates will be a customer service champion, excellent with prioritizing tasks, patient with non-technical users, as well as, enjoy learning new things, problem-solving and helping others. Physical demands of this job include traveling to remote JF&CS locations for IT assistance support and installing printers, computers, and additional IT equipment. The Help Desk Technician will also participate in on-call rotation during evenings and weekends.
The candidate must have the flexibility to work outside the hours of 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday, for critical updates, system maintenance, or emergency repairs. Leveraging their experience as well as scripts based upon the issues reported.
Your workday will include:
- Utilizing strong customer service skills to communicate effectively with a non-technical user base of several hundred full and part-time staff and supporting JF&CS Staff with local and remote users with hardware/software problems.
- Training new and current staff (formally and informally).
- Providing staff with timely written and oral updates regarding their support cases and having attention to detail and the ability to document technical issues accurately.
- Desktop/Laptop deployment imagining and repairing computers, handheld devices, smartphones, and thin clients.
- Managing file shares, virtual infrastructures, and SAN/NAS environments
- Performing office moves of computer equipment, handling printers, servers, and scanners/copiers and performing inventory tracking recording of physical equipment inventory.
- Troubleshooting a variety of problems involving hardware, software, phones, and mobile devices.
- Providing back-up support to the System Administrator.
- Working with agency-wide teams for special projects as assigned.
What can you bring to this position?
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required, and a Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Demonstrable and reference-able success in a small IT group.
- A good knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, policies, and procedures within Information Technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs. and a valid driver's license and vehicle.
- Experience with LAN/WAN Maintenance; Barracuda Backup Device; Microsoft Office 365; Azure Active Directory; Microsoft Office 365, Azure Active Directory; Sonic Firewalls/Access Points (Wi-Fi); Microsoft Windows Operating System; Virtual Environment VMware with Remote Desktop Systems (RDS); MDT; DOS/PowerShell scripting; WSUS
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We acknowledge and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is welcoming of all and celebrates the uniqueness of those we serve, staff, volunteers, donors, and business partners.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media