Russian Bilingual Case Manager
- Older Adults Division - Schechter Holocaust Services
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The mission of the Schechter Holocaust Services (SHS) program is to support survivors' ability to live at home and connect with community. The program provides a range of services including homecare, financial assistance, case management and social programming to aging victims of Nazi persecution.
The Case Manager will be part of a team of staff working to ensure high quality interactions with clients and adherence to regulatory requirements around timely and complete documentation. The position involves developing relationships with community organizations and with providers of services to Holocaust survivors. The Case Manager will work from the Waltham office with occasional home and community visits.
Your workday will include:
- Providing case management for clients including information and referrals, assisting in obtaining homecare, financial services, budgeting and family support.
- Performing intake by gathering information from clients and community providers to determine eligibility and needs.
- Applying your knowledge of entitlement programs and benefits to assist our client population.
- Monitoring cases to ensure on-going contact with clients and community providers.
- Assisting with social group events for clients.
- Maintaining detailed case notes, records and documentation.
- Participating in SHS staff meetings, JF&CS trainings and representing the organization at external events.
- Translating when needed.
- Other related duties as assigned or required.
What can you bring to this position?
- A Master's degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Your knowledge of community resources and benefits.
- Fluency in Russian and English.
- Your excellent computer literacy, communication, detail orientation and time management skills.
- Access to a car and safe driving record.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point).
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We acknowledge and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is welcoming of all and celebrates the uniqueness of those we serve, staff, volunteers, donors, and business partners.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media