Assistant Director of Residential Services
- CHAI Services - Residential Programs
- Newton, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Assistant Director is responsible for the oversight and operation of three 24-hour residential programs funded by the Department of Developmental Services (DDS). The Assistant Director will be directly responsible for managing one program and will supervise the managers of two nearby programs.
The Assistant Director will ensure that JF&CS's residential programs promote the health and safety of participants, adhere to person-centered practices, and meet or exceed all applicable agency and regulatory standards. A successful candidate must be a leader who can manage and inspire staff and clients while overseeing a diverse program and providing a nurturing environment for all. Strong coaching skills and the willingness to provide direct services as needed are also required to succeed in this position.
Your workday will include:
Supervision, Training and Evaluation of Staff
- Supervising and training up to two Residence Managers
- Playing a significant role in the hiring and onboarding process for Residence Managers, Program Coordinators and Residential Specialists at the three sites.
- Establishing performance standards for Residence Managers and Program Coordinators.
- Completing performance evaluations within established time frames.
- Overseeing corrective action processes pertaining to direct care and management staff.
- Ensuring that all licensing and JF&CS requirements are met pertaining to shift documentation, service plans, incident reports, and participant healthcare records.
- Developing and maintain appropriate staff schedules to ensure adherence to contracts and quality standards.
- Training managers and ensure their compliance with DDS and JF&CS program standards.
- Overseeing the maintenance, safety, and cleanliness of the sites,
- Ensuring that all MAP procedures are followed.
- Participating in the on-call manager rotation.
- Overseeing the Activity Advisory Committee! (prepare meeting agendas and minutes, coordinate and participate in activities).
- Ensuring that Individual Service Plan (ISP) and medical management requirements are met and documented.
- Ensuring that participants have ongoing social, recreational, and enrichment opportunities.
- Supporting Residence Managers in communicating with families and DDS.
- Establishing a culture of customer service.
- Ensuring that families receive regular, appropriate, and respectful communication from managers and staff.
What can you bring to this position?
- Your Bachelor's degree with two years of relevant field experience.
- A familiarity with DDS regulations is strongly preferred.
- At least two years of supervisory experience
- CPR, FA, and MAP certifications preferred. (Must acquire after hire)
- An ability to lift 50lbs.
- Your valid driver's license.
- A Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment decisions including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations or salary are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, medical condition or disability status. JF&CS is committed to providing employees with an inclusive work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media