- CHAI Services - Residential Programs
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for a Residence Manager with experience working with adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities, adults with complex medical needs, and seniors. A successful candidate must be a leader who can manage and inspire staff and clients and who can oversee a complex program while providing a supportive and nurturing environment for all. Strong coaching skills and the flexibility and willingness to work hands-on are a must.
Your workday will include:
- Supervising and training all program staff
- Interviewing and assisting in the hiring process of all potential staff members for the program the manager oversees. The manager may be asked to participate in screening/interviewing of any residential staff person.
- Training new program staff on policies and procedures and individual client needs
- Documenting staff trainings and ensure all staff trainings are completed and not expired.
- Completing annual reviews for all program staff
- Making recommendations for staff promotions, raises, and disciplinary action of all program staff
- Holding staff meetings and conduct necessary in-house trainings.
- Conducting regular supervisions with each staff person working in the program.
- Ensuring adequate staffing for each shift to stay within mandated staffing ratios and find relief coverage when needed.
- Coordinating all program operations
- Implementation and tracking of budget as assigned
- Submitting and approving weekly payroll to CHAI administrative staff by Monday afternoons.
- Ensuring all requirements and regulations for DDS, Mass Health, MCB DPH and JF&CS are met, including but not limited to record keeping, service plans, progress notes, ISPs, and incident reporting.
- Helping to recruit and screen new participants when there are client vacancies
- Overseeing all client records, including all paper files and ETO/electronic files. Ensure that they conform to JF&CS as well as state funding agency requirements.
- Monitoring program supplies within each program and contact CHAI administrative coordinator to order more supplies each month.
- Maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the program
- Working closely with CHAI administrative coordinator to ensure van is maintained and all repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Completing monthly program audits (client files, petty cash, medication, client finances, etc.)
- Ensuring all maintenance and IT requests are made and completed
- Ensuring all MAP regulations are followed
- Coordinating all client care
- Coordinating the case management of all clients, ensuring goals are being worked on regularly and all progress note and assessment deadlines are met.
- Assisting clients and program staff in setting client goals and developing implementation strategies to meet them.
- Performing direct care and case management as needed
- Coordinating all healthcare and therapy appointments for all clients as needed
- Turning in weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual paperwork by designated due dates (i.e.: weekly client updates, monthly goal progress notes, VSMs, GAFC logs, SDRs, and GAFC 60 day notes).
- Communicating regularly with client families, day programs, and collateral treatment providers to ensure client needs are being met
- Managing all transportation needs for the program and all residents as needed
- Acting as or supervise the Human Rights Officer and Fire Safety Officer for the program
- Serving as main point of contact during emergencies and crises.
- Screening all incidents, enter Critical incidents into the computer system and notify the Assistant Residential Director and Director of DDS Residential within the specified time.
- Having a willingness to learn, then teach all aspects of Jewish Traditions
- Organizing and overseeing participation of group activities and events for program
- Following all JF&CS personnel policies and procedures
- Attend weekly Residence Manager's meetings
- Participate in weekly On Call Manager rotation
- Drive clients in company vehicles (up to 15 passenger vans)
- Serve/function as a role model to individuals by displaying proper dress, language, and character skills.
- Communicate with entire staff team and supervisor around client issues and concerns in a timely manner, in a collaborative team effort
- Other duties as assigned
Physical demands of the job:
- May include lifting and supporting up to 50 lbs
- May be required to bend, stoop, and kneel
- May include lifting clients in and out of wheelchairs, beds and vehicles.
What can you bring to this position?
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or at least two years' experience working with people with disabilities, preferably in a residential setting
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to pass CORI, SORB at hire and CPR and Basic First Aid within the first 90 days of employment
- Ability to pass MAP certification within first 6 months of employment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including intermediate skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media