- - Fiscal
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Payroll Specialist is a critical role in our fiscal department working to ensure the accurate processing and recording of the Agency's bi-weekly payroll for approximately 400 employees, throughout multiple locations within Massachusetts. This position will be responsible for all components of managing the personnel information contained in our ADP Workforce Now HRIS/payroll platform. This role will require frequent collaboration with other Fiscal team members, our Human Resources department and other Executives, making good communication skill highly important. Attention to detail and a high level of organization and time management skills are essential to the success of this role. This is an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented professional to further their career while working with an exceptional team.
Your workday will include:
- Managing the bi-weekly payroll processing to ensure that payroll is performed accurately and issued on a timely basis to all employees in compliance with strict deadlines without exception.
- Setting up new employees in ADP Workforce Now and verifying accurate reporting of timecards, deductions, paid time off, wage rate programs, coding and labor distribution allocations.
- Notifying management personnel about missing approvals and deadlines for processing.
- Processing manual checks.
- Resolving discrepancies and errors as required.
- Reviewing and transmittal of payroll; Filing and maintaining personnel records.
- Completing required reports and documentation, related to pay and benefits, in a timely manner; providing management with required reports and advising in any problematic situations.
- Maintaining knowledge of federal and state payroll legislation and all laws impacting payroll.
- Staying current with federal, state and local tax and labor laws, as they apply to the processing of payroll.
- Medical, Dental and Eye Med invoice reconciliations.
- General accounting support such as processing daily deposits, journal entries, reconciliations, assistance with accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
What can you bring to this position?
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree is preferred
- At least 3-5 years of relevant payroll experience; Experience working with ADP Workforce Now and a solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices is required.
- Must have a knowledge of MA tax laws and labor laws as they pertain to wages/overtime calculations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
- A proficiency with Microsoft Office.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media