Low Income Housing and Benefits Care Manager
- Older Adults Division - Your Elder Experts
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Low-Income Housing and Benefits Care Manager joins a dedicated and skilled team of care managers. This is a full-time salaried position helping low-income older adults and younger adults with chronic medical issues, and their families connect with needed resources – including housing, benefits, homecare and medical care. We provide in person and virtual assessments and plans of care requiring either short term or ongoing support. Care managers can guide older adults through the intricacies of Medicare and Medicaid, Social Security benefits, housing options, and long-term care. They also provide expert support to their clients through difficult transitions such as from hospital to home or from home to a care facility.
Your workday will include:
- Evaluating and assessing older adult's needs
- Developing plans of care
- Arranging for services and community resources
- Facilitating/assisting with housing transitions (subsidized housing, assisted living and nursing home)
- Teaming with community providers
- Managing client medical needs
- Collaborating with family/caregivers both locally and at a distance
- Participating in team meetings, supervision, and online case documentation
What can you bring to this position?
- Master's in Social Work or related field or 5+ years' experience providing similar functions
- 2-4 years' experience working with older adults
- Experience/knowledge of dementia care is helpful
- Knowledge of community resources and benefits
- Access to a car and have a safe driving record
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media