Director of Marketing & Communications
- Administration - Executive Team
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jewish Family & Children's Service seeks a creative and results-oriented leader to oversee the strategy and implementation of JF&CS marketing and communication program. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this role is responsible for building awareness and support for JF&CS's wide range of human service programs, in order to drive philanthropy, fee-based revenue, client impact, and community support.
The Director will provide leadership, strategic vision and direction to a small team, while also being a key hands-on contributor. The successful candidate will be a masterful communicator, a pragmatic and resourceful problem-solver, and a skilled collaborator. They should have broad marketing knowledge with multi-channel expertise, experience promoting diverse service lines, and a passion for JF&CS's human service mission.
With over $25 million in revenue, 40 programs, and 14,000 clients, JF&CS is a complex, dynamic and much-beloved agency. This highly visible position offers a unique combination of marketing challenge, social impact, and supportive environment.
- Oversee the planning, development and implementation of all marketing and communications, including print and digital content, website, email marketing, public relations, newsletters, social media, collateral and advertising.
- Develop agency-wide and program-level messaging, campaigns and tools, working closely with program directors as well as agency executives.
- Support the communications needs of the Development team, including creating appeals, annual reports, event invitations and ongoing communications.
- Serve as the organization's lead content strategist, writer and editor.
- Oversee marketing automation and database strategy and implementation, including list procurement and management.
- Manage a small staff (2 FTEs); oversee daily activities, and promote a culture of entrepreneurship, high performance and collaboration.
- Oversee marketing department budgeting and planning.
- Build strong relationships across the organization to stay current on our wide range of programs, and infuse an awareness of marketing and messaging in all of our work.
- Support and continue to improve processes to streamline marketing and communications planning and collaboration.
- Measure, track and analyze marketing results to inform effective decision making.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in managing marketing and communications to advance an organization's mission and goals, including experience in complex organizations with multiple services or products.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and execution of marketing and communications activities, including digital and print communications, websites, social media, and public relations.
- Exceptional writing, story-telling and content planning skills.
- Strong budgeting and cost-management abilities'able to maximize impact with limited budget.
- Excellent collaboration skills'able to work proactively and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong listening and speaking skills.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing and communications specialists.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to keep numerous projects on track simultaneously and efficiently.
- Interest in and commitment to JF&CS's human service mission.
To apply for this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.