Family Recovery Support Training and Technical Assistance Specialist
- Center for Early Relationship Support Programs - Project NESST
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FIRST (Families In Recovery SupporT) Steps Together is a home visiting program that provides peer recovery, parenting support and care coordination, for families with children 5 or younger impacted by substance use. The Center for Early Relationship Support (CERS) seeks a Family Recovery Support Training and Technical Assistance (FRSTTA) Specialist to join the FIRST Steps Together Training/Technical Assistance Team to provide support to the seven direct service sites working across the state to implement this project.
FRSTTA Specialists are responsible for providing technical assistance, in-person (when in-person services resume) and virtual training, oversight and support to FIRST Steps Together direct service sites engaged in expanding peer recovery and parenting support for families impacted by substance use. The Specialist provides support to multiple staff roles in the project at each direct service site, including Family Recovery Support Specialists, clinicians and supervisors. Specialists are supervised by the Director of Training and Technical Assistance. The position is part of a two-year, grant funded project funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and will be based at JF&CS headquarters in Waltham, with significant travel within Massachusetts to meet with and provide support to direct service sites. At this time this position is fully remote, with anticipation of a return to a hybrid of in person and virtual services when deemed appropriate.
Your workday will include:
- Providing technical assistance, training, oversight and support to direct service sites as they expand/build their peer recovery support services for pregnant women and parenting families impacted by substance use disorder
- Facilitating ongoing virtual groups for project staff
- Participating in identifying training needs and creation of training plans
- Providing ongoing individual staff and site support and guidance through responsive technical assistance
- Contributing to the development of a comprehensive toolkit to support ongoing implementation and replication of peer recovery support for the target population
- Participating as a member of the project team in team meetings, CERS/staff meetings and other groups as needed
- Performing additional duties as needed or requested
What can you bring to this position?
- Lived experience as a parent in recovery from substance use
- Significant content knowledge and/or direct service experience in home visiting, early childhood, parent support, substance use disorder and peer recovery support
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel within Massachusetts
- Developing and delivering high-quality training and materials that incorporate adult learning frameworks and the needs of diverse learners, in both in-person and virtual training formats
- Providing technical assistance, especially related to recovery coaching, reflective supervision, care coordination, working with DCF and/or parenting
- Facilitating virtual groups/services
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
To apply for this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.