- CHAI Services - Residential Programs
- MA, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
- We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Residential Specialist works with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and psychiatric needs in community residential settings. Residential Specialists support clients in both apartment and group living settings, assisting clients with independent living skills, goal planning and tracking, and accessing care as needed. There are two types of shifts Residential Specialists may work: awake AND asleep. The type of shift depends on the time and need of the residents and will be outlined on the staff schedule. The essential job functions are necessary for all Residential Specialist shifts, and specific duties and expectations for each type of shift are also outlined below.
Shift 1 (32 hours): Tuesday – Thursday 2:30pm – 10:30pm, Sunday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Shift 2 (28 hours): Monday and Friday 2:30pm – 10:30pm, Sunday 4:30pm – 8:30pm
Shift 3 (20 hours): Monday and Sunday 4:30 – 10:30pm, Saturday 8:30am – 10:30pm
Shift 4 (20 hours): Saturday 8:30am – 10:30pm, Sunday 4:30pm – 10:30pm
Shift 5 (38 hours): AWAKE Thursday – Saturday 10:30pm – 8:30am, Sunday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Shift 1 (30 hours): Monday – Wednesday and Sunday 4:30pm – 10:30pm, Saturday 8:30am – 2:30pm
Shift 2 (30 hours): Friday and Saturday 2:30pm – 10:30pm, Sunday 8:30am – 10:30pm
Shift 3 (40 hours): AWAKE Thursday – Sunday 10:30pm – 8:30am
Your Workday Will Include:
Awake hours are all hours worked directly with clients or administrative duties. Awake hours are primarily focused on client care or completing documentation or other administrative tasks around client care. In addition to the essential job functions, these functions are necessary during AWAKE hours:
- Assisting with independent living skills
- Personal Care and physical attendance to personal care and hygiene, including bathing and dressing.
- Administer medications according to MAP policy
- Assist residents in attending social events within CHAI, the Jewish community, and in the community at large
- Assist residents in maintaining the cleanliness of the residence
- Assist individuals in the participation of celebrations of culturally or religiously chosen holidays as desired by residents and their families.
- Assist individuals with menu planning and meal preparation
- Assist individuals with travel training and transportation
- Assist individuals with their regular routines, including morning routines, individualized cleaning routines, and bedtime routines.
- Facilitate appropriate housemate relationships
- Ensuring all requirements are met for DDS and/or JF&CS regulations including record keeping, treatment plans/ISPs, incident reporting.
- Assist clients in working towards their goals and track all goal progress
- Track behaviors for behavior modifying medication treatment plans and behavior plans
- Complete initial incident reports, as necessary
- Notify on-call management when appropriate
- Care Coordination
- May include taking clients to medical appointments, assist with medication administration training, and nutrition planning as directed.
- Complete all paperwork before and after health care appointments
- Ensure clients are prepared for their day programs or work and facilitate the exchange with planned transportation to ensure clients attend their scheduled activities.
- Facilitate a psycho-social milieu and carry out positive support behavior plans
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least one year experience working with people with disabilities
- Ability to pass CPR and Basic First Aid within the first 30 days of employment
- Ability to pass MAP within the first 6 months of employment
- Ability to be flexible in schedule
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- All employees must pass a CORI
- Must have a valid driver's license
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.